[makes 8 servings]
1lb Keenan & Kennedy sausages
230g shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 chopped medium onion
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (remove if you don't like heat)
10 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon chili powder (mild, sweet, stong - what you like)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and cut sausages into small pieces (or crumble).
- Spread sausages into bottom of baking dish and sprinkle with cheese, onion, chile peppers, and jalapeno pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over contents of baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into squares.
- If you don't like heat, omit the chile / jalapeno. Switch with peppers etc..
- Use fresh garlic to enhance the garlic flavour. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Try Keenan & Kennedy speciality sausages to give a variety of flavours.
Your heading text